To mention but a few, the following are the qualities of a good tenant:
1. Pays rent on time without defaulting.
2 Notifies beforehand if the rent will arrive late or a bit delayed with sound reasons.
2. A good tenant is easy to communicate with, they are accessible, responsive, respectful, empathetic & easy to deal with.
3. A good tenant is accomodating, they provide access for a scheduled routine inspection of the demised property.
4. A good tenant takes good care of the property. They take responsibility for damages and repairs caused by them and they do not destroy the landlord’s fixtures and fittings.
5. A good tenant adheres to legislation and terms of the tenancy contract.
6. A good tenant when prospecting for rental properties provides well-detailed information fully completed with all required evidence, contact details of referees and guarantors, shows evidence of tenancy history.
Very importantly, most good tenants always end up becoming great landlords.